After achieving some goal it is a good practice to sit and attentively analyze traversed path. You need to review and evaluate obtained experience in order to use it for future. Try to answer such questions:
- What factors did influence me negatively during task performance?
- What factors did I underestimate and overestimate?
- What did I miss to do?
- What important things I really could do better?
- Did I get stuck with some parts of the task?
- Can I get help or delegate some portion of task next time?
- Should I be more persistent?
- Should I think more thoroughly before doing something?
- Whether I was too focused on some unnecessary details?
The point of this self-analysis is to define what you have to improve within your approaches to task execution. It would be great to write out your thoughts to list and turn to it every time when you need to overview and supplement your experience.
VIP Task Manager is task and time management groupware that can help you to plan and control your individual tasks, as well as tasks of your working team, and keep all important information obtained during performance of each task. For this purpose you can use task history - special log which contains all changes applied to task (with its help you can overview what and when was done on each task), and special sections for Notes or Comments where you can record your ideas and conduct task performance diary.
In order to plan, organize and analyze your tasks you need to:
- start you work planning application
- create tasks, set timelines and priorities, assign executers
- allocate tasks among tasks groups
- track work performance
- study notifications, different task attributes and task history to find out issues
- use reports and charts to analyze productivity and trends