What is multi user?
Multi user definition refers to computer systems, and in fact it means a capability of software that supports two or more simultaneous users. Many software solutions today include maintenance functionality, especially those solutions which are used for managing projects, teamwork and group tasks. Advanced editions of software allow activating screens to share data, as well as using messengers to communicate with several users at a time.
What is an example of multi user software?
There are dozens of software examples that support functionality. In the field of task/project management, a great example of multiuser software is VIP Task Manager . This software uses a client-server platform to allow several users to access common databases through local area network or/and Internet. VIP Task Manager supports real time collaboration between several users. Comments Panel of the software can be used like a user chat in which users can discuss tasks and send feedback.
- Run VIP Task Manager and create a new database in which you will keep tasks and all associated information (like documents, pictures, and other files).
- VIP Task Manager allows accessing the database through both LAN and Internet.
- Use Task List view to create tasks. Use Task Tree view to create hierarchies of tasks.
- Use Comments Panel to discuss and comment tasks. Notes Panel can be used to specify and describe tasks.
- Use Resource List view to add users to the database. VIP Task Manager allows adding any number of users, so multi user dimension of this software is unlimited.