Project management office definition:
Project management office(PMO) is a functional department, a group of people, or an organization that defines project requirements, standards and policies and undertakes activities generally related to project management. Project management office mission is to standardize and introduce methods, tools and techniques of project execution.
Project management software allows setting, describing and assigning project management office roles and responsibilities to project participants. VIP Task Manager is an example of project management software. You can use this program to make descriptions, assignments and schedules. You can develop specific PMD models to manage project documentation, activities and metrics.
To manage your tasks you need to do the following:
- Run VIP Task Manager and go to Task Tree view to add tasks in your project.
- Go to Resource List view to create user accounts for members of your project office.
- Use Permissions Panel to allow project participants to access project tasks and schedules.
- Use Calendar view to schedule project tasks and events that are defined in your PM methodology .
- Use Charts Panel to get a graph view of your project activities.
- Use Reports Builder to make reports that help you keep progress of your goals on track.