Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle (PDCA cycle) is a dynamic model of activities designed to manage continuous improvement in the business environment. PDCA model can be implemented in a wide area of activities, including business, housekeeping, student's life, etc. For example, a student with poor grades can apply the model to analyze his failures, find opportunities for improvement and implement new solutions to increase grades. A businessman can use the PDCA cycle to reveal new opportunities for the business and to make right decisions. So to understand how it works, you need to look through the following:
- Plan - on this phase you need to analyze what to improve and look for opportunities for changes
- Do - here you implement opportunities found on the first phase and carry out the change
- Check - means you need to study obtained results. This is a critical step in the Plan Do Check Act cycle as you should determine how well the implemented change is working
- Act - the last phase of the cycle where you adopt the change. Otherwise, in case the change is failed, you'd start running it through the cycle again.
To implement the cycle in your business, you can use VIP Task Manager . The software is best for time management and task scheduling allowing you to run each task through the phases of the cycle. You can create the task statuses 'Plan', 'Do', 'Check' and 'Act' and use scheduling characteristics (Due Date, Task Recurrence, Estimate Time, Actual Time, etc.) to plan tasks. Workflow Editor will help you customize task statuses.
- Run VIP Task Manager
- Create new statuses 'Plan', 'Do', 'Check' and 'Act' by using Worlflow Editor
- Each task can pass through the statuses. You can use Due Date and Estimated Time to control the course of the cycle
- Reminders can be used to remind you about urgent and important tasks.