"To meet or not to meet"
Meetings are the important part of business life but they can be great time wasters. It may seem strange but it's true. If you attend the meeting only because you are a member of a team and everyone has to assist at it but you don't contribute anything rational to the meeting you just spend your own time ineffectively. Instead of watching how the members of the meeting are exchanging the information that is useful and important only for them but doesn't have any value for you, you would better continue your own work.
"Avoid useless meetings" To Do List
- Ask yourself if you can contribute anything to the meeting that you are invited to
- Look through the meeting agenda and realize if there are any questions associated with your job
- If the answer to both questions is "No" explain it to your manager and keep doing your own work
- Start your company task management software
- Track your tasks for today
- If there are any meetings and you are assigned to be there look at the Notes section and decide whether your presence is important or not
- If not, let the manager know that you won't come to the meeting and describe the reasons of your absence via the task Comments section
- Keep doing your tasks