Often average office employee should work with dozens of various documents, files, applications, web-links and so on. Some of these files are frequently used and some can be stored somewhere on your hard-drive for weeks before they become necessary to use, in general you can have a great archive which consists of hundreds and thousands of the files. Some of these files can become needed at any time, but when this happens issues can appear. Because of different reasons you can just forget where you placed these files. Sometimes standard Windows instruments like files and folders search cannot work effectively because you can easily forget exact name of a file. Sometimes you can even forget about existence of some files on your PC, for example you search some information in the Internet, download dozens of files that meet your interests and then you just postpone looking through them and as a result never revert to this activity. You need a convenient system which can help you to organize your files.
VIP Task Manager is multi-purpose team task/time organizer software that allows you to manage files, links and computer applications start-files. VIP Task Manager allows creating tasks and attaching files or URL's directly to tasks, so it can be used as documents management software (besides it allows access rights management in order to secure confidentiality) at the same time with team business tasks management. VIP Task Manager is collaboration suit that allows you to share files and links to web-pages or links to files when they are too big to be attached directly to the tasks.
VIP Organizer allows you to manage personal archives of your movies, photos, books etc. when they are scattered between different folders and sub-folders within your hard-drive. You need just add path to this file and then start it by one-click on hyperlink. You can easily group, sort and filter your hyperlinks.
To manage your files you need to:
- start your task management application
- create a task that represents your certain file (document, exe-file, movie etc.)
- add attachment to this task (input path to the file that is placed on your hard-drive or in shared folder within LAN and select type - if this is a link or file)
- lay out column Attachment in your Task List
- open documents, files, start computer programs by one click on hyperlink on your Task List
- group your tasks (documents, files, movies etc.) by task groups, types, dates and so on
- search your files and filter them by various attributes
- change statuses, set access rights, set reminders