Any project cannot run without scheduled dates and timeframes. A project should have clearly determined deadlines and milestones at any phase throughout the project life cycle. The project manager cannot develop the project plan without identified start and finish dates. So the point is to create a schedule which identifies project duration, determines due dates and states timeframes for each phase of the project. The schedule is an essential document; this is the way not only to establish time characteristics of a project, but also to arrange activities and to estimate resources required.
The project manager can use VIP Task Manager to create project schedule. This software allows to build task list which step-by-step describes actions needed to create the schedule. VIP Task Manager has function of "Duplicate" that simplifies creation of the schedule. If you are a project manager, you can add task template for creating project schedule. The template can have those tasks as follows:
- Define the schedule activities
- Put the activities in sequence
- Estimate the resources needed for the activities
- Estimate time needed for each of the activities
- Develop schedule
- Monitor and control the schedule
The software has Calendar where tasks are displayed in daily/weekly/monthly view. This will help you organize your task list scheduler view.
- Run VIP Task Manager software.
- Go to Task Tree View and create the mentioned above task list
- Assign due dates and start&finish dates to each of the tasks
- Go to Calendar to see the task list in scheduler view
- Use "Duplicate" function to copy the task list for a new project