For some companies standardizing and simplifying of workflow and task management within a project is a good opportunity to streamline project execution and efficiently track task performance. It becomes particularly important for organizations which manage multiple projects or need to run them simultaneously. With help of templates it is possible to manage multiple projects. Workflow template is a consecution of specific activities which appear in strict order step by step and characterize the course of a project. The templates are useful for repeatable projects and activities. They are aimed to standardize and introduce economies of repetition in the course of projects.
To introduce the idea in your projects, you can use VIP Task Manager . This software is designed for task management within projects. In Workflow Editor of VIP Task Manager you can create several templates and specify task statuses per template. This will allow you to make each workflow template more specific and appropriate to the needs of a project. Workflow Editor allows to set number of task statuses in a workflow, relations between statuses (parameter Complete Related), progress in percentage terms, and other. Workflow template can be enclosed in a particular task group so that all tasks within the group will obtain the workflow.
- Start VIP Task Manager
- Go to Tools - Custom Workflow. In Workflow Editor you can modify Default Workflow by changing existing statuses or adding new ones
- To create a new workflow template, use button 'New workflow' on the tools panel
- Configure the settings and then save changes
- Close Workflow Editor window
- Go to Task Tree view and select a task group. Open this task group and select needed workflow template in drop-down list of the field 'Workflow'. Then, all new tasks within the task group will automatically get predefined workflow.
Note: only administrator can edit workflow.