Usually postponing tasks "to the last minutes" of the project is considered as a bad practice that can cause procrastination, but you need to remember that some of your tasks just should be put off for the last minutes because of their specificity. You should learn to clearly distinguish tasks that can grow larger if you let them stay on the list and tasks that it is advisably to postpone until good moment. Of course, your ability to distinguish such tasks is defined by your specific professional experience, but there are several features that may fully or partially characterize tasks that can/should be put off:
- Such tasks can be very important, but they are not urgent.
- Such tasks do not generate or accumulate problems while staying unfulfilled.
- Details of such tasks depend on changeable circumstances that can change many times before deadline of the project.
- Quality of fulfillment of such tasks depends on certain experience that can be gained only closer to deadlines of the project.
VIP Organizer is individual task manager that allows you to plan, categorize and prioritize your tasks and appointments, to manage checklists and personal projects. This software will help you to control your time, personal project deadlines and see what tasks you have put off.
VIP Task Manager is team management groupware that allows you to plan individual and company tasks, to manage and share work schedules, to control priorities and productivity, to monitor performance in real-time regime and to analyze efficiency of teamwork. This software will help you and your project team to review what tasks are postponed closer to deadlines.
To manage your tasks you need to do the following:
- start you project organizing application
- plan your project appointments and tasks
- create your activity schedule for day, week or month
- set priorities and details
- decide what tasks deserve to be put off
- change deadlines of the tasks and set reminders
- control your and your team's performance and productivity