See the employee for what he can become, not what they are now
One of the widespread problems any company faces sooner or later is lack of people that are capable to replace talented employees. It’s easy to replace a chair or a computer but it’s often too hard to replace a qualified team member. And the problem is not in employees. It is a manager who should estimate his staff’s virtues and do everything possible to help them develop their talents. What you need is a plan of your staff training. This plan might include different actions varying from delegating special tasks to attending thematic seminars and so on. It takes time but the result is worthy of it. If you pave the way you will be able to replace the skilled employee by worthy man when the time comes.
"Plan the staff training" To Do List
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of your employees
- Develop different training approaches to help them improve their capabilities, encourage them to become more competent
- Plan your company’s training activities in order for everybody to be well informed about future events
- Use software to share the training plans with your team
- Start your team management software
- Create new task group "Staff Training"
- Create a new task, e.g. "Attend the seminar" or “Discuss the right and wrong points of work accomplishment”, etc, and assign it to employee
- Enter all required details into task notes section