"Tyranny of the urgent"
It is very important to realize the difference between tasks and projects importance and urgency. Urgent task doesn't mean that it is important, it may be urgent at this particular moment but later it won't have any value. Having too many urgent tasks in our to-do list, we become too busy with them and sacrifice important projects that have long-term goals and advantages. As a result we feel ourselves stressed and have poor quality of work. In order to avoid such situations, you should assign more time for the tasks that are important but not as urgent. Control the time that you spend on urgent tasks and try to devote more time to important and long-term projects.
"Urgent and important" To Do List
- Track your uncompleted tasks from time to time
- In addition to the tasks that are urgent, pay attention to those that are very important even if not urgent
- Plan your time in such way that you accomplish also some important tasks, not only urgent
- Use software to track the tasks, sort them by priority and change the priority if required
- Start your task management software
- Sort your task list by priority
- If it is possible, put off some urgent task and pay attention to the most important ones
- Change their priority and start doing them