Time is the most important and scarce resource a company has. Better management of time spent on tasks execution allows the company to increase employee productivity and gain more profits. Employees should fully complete their tasks in shor test terms according to the standards and rules of the company. Probably, this is one of key factors of company succeeding. But how to find out what exact time an employee spent to complete a task? If you could have such statistics, you would be able to analyze employee productivity and improve task management. Using VIP Task Manager you can get time duration spent on each task by an employee or a group of employees. The flexible mechanism of custom fields allows you to apply mathematical formulas and logical expressions for building time calculation algorithms.
- Start VIP Task Manager software
- Go to Tools-Custom Field
- In open window create new custom field "Task Duration"
- Set the custom field value type "Duration"
- Input the following expression in the field formula of the custom field: "$date_completed-$date_started"
- Save changes in the custom field
- In Task Tree view right-click on column bar and check custom field "Duration"
- Create a task and assign it to an employee
- Set default task status "Draft" and save changes
- When employee begin to perform, the task the system displays exact date and time in the "Date Created" column
- When employee accomplishes the task, the system displays exact date and time in the column "Date Completed"
- Once task is completed, the custom field "Duration" calculates task time duration and outputs value in days or/and hours format