People have a tendency to make decisions reactively when facing emergency situations or when a disaster happens. While the normal decision-making process generally covers 6 steps (defining the problem, collecting required information, generating options, developing a plan, executing, and following-up), the reactive decision-making process is rather shorter and takes fewer steps, because in emergency circumstances usually there's no time to execute the full decision-making process. Reactive decisions are frequently taken under pressure, and that's why they often tend to be bad decisions, or at least not optimum for current situation. At the same time, decisions made reactively may be the only thing to do in the given situation, as there's no a way to foresee all emergencies or create a perfect environment where all events are planned, scheduled and guaranteed.
In any way, a good manager should always keep both eyes open and be prepared to make reactive yet rational decisions. And VIP Task Manager will help. This groupware allows to design and share action plans, checklists and official instructions which are due to be applied in case of emergencies or disaster. VIP Task Manager lets distribute information among users by using e-mail service. The manager can design emergency action plans, then create the task 'Emergency action plans' and attach the action plans.
- Go to Task Tree view and create a new task group which will contain emergency action plans, checklists and guides
- Create a list of tasks to do when an emergency happens. Attach documents, instructions and official instructions to the tasks (any file format is applicable)
- Set permissions to the task group allowing all employees to view the tasks
- You can assign supervisors who will constantly treat and update information the task group
- Send the tasks to employees and get their feedback to be always aware of current situation so that you could make right decisions, even reactively.