Heterogeneous task is a task that requires doing different types of work from task's beginning to task's completion. Any project can be considered as example of heterogeneous task, because usually project is a set of different activities, operations and tasks that can deliver required results only if all of them are completed successfully. Heterogeneous task can be a hard object for management, because each activity within task has its own specificity. Often heterogeneous tasks can be completed only by a team of executers where each member performs specific portion of common work. Performance of heterogeneous tasks is subjected to various risks and factors depending on a number of various activities such task includes. Management of heterogeneous task is actually project management, so it can include the whole range of project management methods, techniques and tools.
VIP Task Manager is task and time management groupware that allows you to manage complicated and simple, long-term and short-term tasks and projects.
To manage your task and projects you need to:
- Start your task planning and controlling application
- Break-down your projects into stages and tasks
- Use Task Tree to create task groups to represent your project stages and sub-stages
- Allocate tasks among task groups
- Set timelines, priorities and assign executers to tasks
- Use Task List and filters to study and update your tasks