A statement of work (SOW) is a document that defines the scope of work, project deliverables and project timeline as well as detailed requirements and costs per task. The statement of work clarifies for all project participants and stakeholders what constitutes success or failure of the project. A good SOW includes the following things:
- Description of major deliverables and when they are expected
- Task list that supports the deliverables
- Project management (managers, project committee, team leaders, etc.)
- Schedule of meetings
- A list of resources and equipment required for the project
- Name of investors or people who will cover the project costs
To draw up SOW, you need take into account the following parameters: project start and finish dates, performance measures, a number of supervisors and team leaders, project lifetime, and schedule. Software will help create SOW.
VIP Task Manager program will help you create SOW and manage your projects effectively. The software allows to plan, assign, track, and report tasks of your project. In this system you can manage task lists, assign supervisors and team leaders, build resource list, and set project goals. VIP Task Manager lets you share SOW with help of concurrent access to project database and real-time collaboration. The SOW can be presented as a list of tasks in which each task has time characteristics, resource assignment and customized fields (e.g. fields to measure work efficiency, to calculate costs per task).
Do this action plan in the SOW software:
- Go to Resource List View to add new resources (employees) to the project team. You can also set project roles (sponsor, manager, engineer, tester, team leader, etc.)
- Go to Task Tree View to create project structure and to-do lists
- Use Calendar View to schedule tasks and create a schedule of meetings
- In Task Tree View go to Tools-Custom Field to create a new custom field. Use formula to apply KPI to evaluate work of each team member
- You can print out task list with displayed notes to get SOW in printable format