Each person needs to be motivated in his/her work. One of the ways of self-motivation is to reward yourself with short break or pleasant task. After accomplishing important and maybe not very interesting task you can give a treat to yourself and shift to some short pleasant work even if it is not so urgent. While working uninterruptedly on your important and urgent tasks, you may feel yourself overwhelmed and tired, what can lead to productivity slowdown and procrastination. Rewarding yourself with short but pleasant tasks will help to easily cope with "must-do" tasks and increase your productivity and effectiveness.
"Reward yourself" To Do List
- When you make your schedule, don't try to put all "must-do" tasks together
- After some important and complex tasks schedule one easy and small task, that will reward you for your work
- Use software to schedule some rewarding pleasant tasks into your Task list
- Start your organizer software
- Create a new task, for example "Write e-mails to friends"
- Assign it to the time after some important and complex task
- Start doing tasks