As task management practice shows, it takes from 2 to 4 times longer to fulfil tasks when you are trying to “multitask”. People (if they are not Julius Caesars) really cannot perform effectively multiple things simultaneously. Our brains can do only one thing at a time, especially when that thing requires conscious thinking. What we really do is moving back and forth among multiple tasks. It is like our brains switch gears each time we switch a task. But we lose our time while switching from one task to another. The more complex task, the longer time switching. To solve this problem, you need to recognize you are performing multiple tasks. Then, you need to stop doing it and avoid multitasking in future. You will need to use task management software to organize your workflow.
VIP Task Manager is designed to organize both personal and team workflow. You can use this task management software to schedule and prioritize individual and group to-do lists. In Task List View you can group similar tasks together and use filter by priority to display only most important tasks in to-do list. This will help you stay with one task until it completed and avoid multitasking. If you have team members, you can plan their tasks by due dates. As a team leader you will be able to watch task performance and quickly detect procrastinations in case of multitasking. VIP Task Manager has Calendar view allows to use calendar to schedule and plan tasks.
- Start VIP Task Manager software
- Go to Task Tree View and create folders which describe your main activities. For example, it can be meetings, job, home, and other.
- Add to-do lists in each of the folders. Set priorities and deadlines.
- Go to Task List View and filter tasks by urgent priority to complete them first of all. You can also group tasks by task column “Compete” to get convenient to-do list view
- To monitor to-do lists of your team, you should be task supervisor or have unlimited role. Just go to Resource List View and configure your role and permissions
Note: all procrastinated tasks are highlighted with orange color so you can easily detect them.