Often task management requires not only time and performance management, but costs calculations as well. Frequently it is necessary to plan and report task costs in the context of the team project. For example when certain project stage consists of tasks consecution and each of these tasks has estimated costs, it's very useful to automatically calculate the cost of the projects or its stages.
VIP Task Manager is task management groupware that allows task and time planning, tracking and reporting. Owing to capability to create additional task attributes of various types and calculated fields with formulas, VIP Task Manager can be set for planning and reporting costs.
To manage costs you need to create custom task attribute, let's name it "estimated cost". This custom field should be enabled for all tasks and task groups where cost calculations needed.
- start your task management application
- create additional numeric task attribute "estimated cost"
- set "estimated cost" value for each task where cost calculation is required
- control the total amount of estimated costs using Sum function on the table footer in Task List mode
- define minimal, maximal and average cost within the all tasks
- use pie diagram to assess the part of each task within total amount