If to give a simple multitasking definition, it will be like this: multitasking is the ability or practice of people to handle more than one task at the same time. Today you can find a lot of information on multitasking myth and how different people tried to do two or more tasks at one time. According to recent multitasking research and studies, 'multi-taskers' showed more reduced attention spans and couldn't switch jobs as easily as 'single-taskers' could (those who preferred to work on one task at a time). The myth of multitasking skills was destroyed.
People cannot perform several tasks at one time due to habits and abilities of human brain. When we try to multitask (do two tasks at a time), multiple sources of information come from the external world or emerge out of our memory and we are not able to indentify what is not relevant to our current goal. And the inability to correctly filter information results in lowered performance. Multitasking researches show that single-taskers always out-perform multi-taskers.
So you shouldn't be a multi-tasker trying to perform several tasks at a time. Even if you have too many tasks to do within a short period of time, you should do all your work consistently and step-by-step. VIP Task Manager will help you do tasks consistently and on schedule.
- Launch VIP Task Manager
- Create a step-by-step action plan which describes your tasks and jobs for today. Note that your action plan should cover only today's assignments
- Go to Task List view and set priorities for task in your action plan
- Set pop-up reminders for important and urgent tasks so you won't forget to send an email, submit a document, or make a phone call
- Use Filter Bar to display only current tasks in your action plan
- VIP Task Manager supports team collaboration so your employees can create and share action plans