Project boundary is a limit of project scope referring to its common and distinguished activities that isn't a part of the project. Project boundaries outline the area and extension needed for the project operations and maintenance. There're two things that mostly define project boundaries: the project objectives and its deliverables. All projects strive for achieving something. Objectives can be achieved through the designing of one or more deliverables. A list of objectives and respective deliverables uncovers till what boundaries current project will extend. If there're several projects which interact with each other during their lifecycles, their boundaries will be the same and merged. In some moment of development these projects will have common phase boundary and process boundary.
In order to manage projects and tasks and to define project boundaries, you can use VIP Task Manager. The software allows to set time, quantitative and qualitative measures for tasks making your projects goal-oriented. If you manage multiple projects which have multiple assignments, VIP Task Manager simplifies your project management. It lets keep all projects in a single database and provides you with effective scheduling, tracking and reporting tools.
- Go to Task Tree view to create project tree structure by using task groups
- Set time measures and schedule tasks by using Due Dates, Estimated Time, Start Time, etc.
- Use Custom fields to create specific quantitative and qualitative measures for tasks
- Use Report Builder to create task reports
- Keep several projects in one database. Access to the database is protected by password.