Any project requires some paperwork which includes information used for protection when there is an issue. There are five main documents that are used to maintain a project: Project Plan, Goal Log, Risk Log, Issue Log, and Action Log. With these core documents any project runs very well, and you can minimizes the time spent on paperwork without losing the quality of the project.
- Project Plan. This is the primary document that project manager needs to create and maintain throughout the project life. It contains the dates of all appointments, development work, consultancy sessions etc.
- Goal Log. Clear visibility of project goals helps in implementation and decision making. Goal log allows the team to perceive the problems they are facing.
- Risk Log. This paper should be created as a single document with descriptions of potential risks, agreed actions and impact if an issue occurs.
- Issue Log. Like the risk log, issue log is a list of issues raised throughout the project life with their intended resolutions. This document makes the issues be visible to all members, and everyone can add new items to the Log.
Any project needs to be managed with a task management system that allows to control tasks of the team members and keep the project documentation. Such system as VIP Task Manager makes it easer to control the project life through effective tools for tracking and file management. You can add the key documents in the task groups 'Project Plan', 'Goal Log', 'Risk Log', and so on. VIP Task Manager allows to attach files and documents directly to any task, so you and your employees will easily access the project documentation.
- Launch VIP Task Manager
- Go to Task tree view and create subfolders for five key documents. ('Goal Log', 'Project Plan', 'Risk Log', etc.)
- Use task attachment to enclose the documents. You can permit/restrict employee access to the subfolders and the documents.