During a project lifecycle there are a number of necessities to restrict or expand appropriate employee's permission level to tasks, and so share them between project participants. For example, such necessities can appear when delegating or re-assigning tasks. Usage of permissions mode in project management software gives obvious advantages to the project and makes project management more flexible and efficient. In VIP Task Manager you can set appropriate employee's permissions to tasks using Permissions panel. Permissions on tasks enable you to assign roles and responsibilities when you want that only select people to be able to watch or change tasks. By using Permissions panel in VIP Task Manager, you can allow some users of the database to perform tasks, whereas denying others of the privilege.
- Launch VIP Task Manager Professional edition
- Go to Task Tree view
- Decide which task(s) and task group(s) are to be restricted or expanded
- Select those tasks and task groups (hold Ctrl key to select various items)
- Go to Permissions panel in which all available resources are listed
- Choose those resources whom you want to restrict or expand permissions
- For the selected resources choose appropriate permission column: View, Create, Edit, Delete, and Setting permissions.
- Select "Allow" or "Deny" in each permission column. For example, you have a project team responsible for task list inside a task group. You can set "Allow" option for "View" and "Edit" columns to this task group. So each team member will be able to work with task list, but not to add new tasks or delete them. Only the project manager can have full permission level to the task list.