The sharing task documentation feature is intended to provide project team with required information regarding project tasks and to support them during project operations and management. Project management software should maintain this functionality to guarantee the project succeeding. All task status information, reporting and documentation for decision making are based on project plan and project concept. When this project documentation is done on the initial phase, the next steps of project management are to provide remote access to this documentation and to share it with all responsible and related project participants providing up-to-date status information, as well as details concerning aspects of the project progress. VIP Task Manager allows to attach project documents in any formats to a task and share it with a list of resources registered in the project database.
VIP Task Manager has advanced sharing feature that allows office and mobile workers to communicate and get task statuses updated quickly, and to share multilevel task structure with documents attached, including audio, video, text, graphic documents. The software is based on reliable server technology Firebird and incorporates intuitive user interface with quick information processing. Using the system of tasks emailing you can send by email a task with any project document attached to a remote resource or a group. Without having access to the company database, this resource can get task with attachment to his pocket PC. All he should do is to set his pocket PC on receiving regular email messages . In this way all documentation generated during the project development by management is securely stored in a central company database, however this documentation can be transferred to all onsite and remote users.
Some tips to help you share the project documentation:
- Define who should watch and edit documents on the project
- Define what kind of documentation is needed to be shared
- Define what special information is needed for different project stakeholders
- Define and setting permission (for example, permission to view, edit, create or delete a task with documents attached
- Assign a person responsible for keeping and updating the documents
- Start your task management software
- Create a new task
- Choose "Attachments" tab
- Attach a document (e.g. project plan, schedule)
- Click "Ok"
- Go to Permissions Panel
- Set permission status "Allow" in "View" column to concerned resources