When we try to find out what makes successful projects or ailing projects, we actually look at a variety of success measures that help maintain the projects efficiently, or provide a remedy to prevent their failure. As a form of prevention, the use of these measures will make the projects more successful. There are four key success measures that help avoid problems and, if needed, re-align the project:
- Examining current situation
- Assessing and re-planning the project
- Resetting the project expectations
- Attaining to deliver the new plan
Each of the measures assumes a set of specific actions or an action list that the project manager can take to improve the project outcome significantly.
VIP Task Manager allows to use the key success measures to explore the reasons why projects fail and avert many potential troubles. This software allows to examine projects in real time and receive task notifications, so the project manager will be aware of all ongoing events and current progress. By using custom fields the project manager can assess task performance and employee productivity. In Calendar view he can re-schedule the tasks and re-plan ailing project taking into account productivity gaps. Once a new project plan is created and the tasks are re-assigned, VIP Task Manager notifies all resources, and the team members will be aware when they should get down to the new schedules.
- Run VIP Task Manager
- Go to Task List view and put task time characteristics by using 'Estimated Time' and 'Actual Time' columns.
- VIP Task Manager highlights all overdue tasks, so it will be easy for you to detect procrastinations.
- Go to Task Tree view and create some KPI to assess performance by using custom fields
- Use Calendar view to re-schedule tasks.
- Make new resource assignments and re-assignments by using Permissions Panel and Roles Panel.