Many managers who need to estimate efficiency and effectiveness of jobs and employees often feel confused trying to understand task efficiency and task self-efficacy. Here are definitions for these terms:
- Task efficiency is a performance indicator that shows a ration between planned and actual values relative to a certain task or job.
- Task self-efficacy is a projection of a person's belief, readiness and abilities to produce a definite level of performance or achieve certain goals. Task self-efficacy scale will depend on the person's abilities and readiness to do some task or job.
The definitions show that two terms are not the same. At the same time, they have some similarities. Both task efficiency and task self-efficacy refers to a measurable outcome which can be a product or service. In order to improve your task self-efficacy and increase task efficiency of your employees, a task management program is required.
VIP Task Manager is an example of task management software that you can use to manage task efficiency and task self-efficacy. The software allows creating and managing tasks and to-do lists. Custom Fields functionality of VIP Task Manager will let you design specific fields in task lists to perform calculations and create performance indicators, including task efficiency and task specific self-efficacy.
- Run VIP Task Manager
- Go to 'Tools' – 'Custom Fields' to define custom fields and specify formulas.
- Custom Fields can be applied to both tasks and groups.
- You can use column layouts and filters to get the best view of your task lists.