IT department goals/tasks
The main tasks and goals of the IT dep. are determined by its direct purposes - to ensure operational state and high working efficiency of computer-supported systems. The specific goals and purposes of IT department can vary from business to business, from company to company.
Support services can be provided for such major fields:
- Maintenance and support of the computers and peripherals - bunch of periodical operations which should be fulfilled for normal computer functionality: hardware testing, monitoring, upgrading, making daily data back-ups and reports.
- Communication technical services - maintaining the informational infrastructure: Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN), ensuring data communications and telephone systems.
- Software solutions - development, procurement, installation, maintenance and support of the various software applications.
- Office and enterprise systems - development, procurement, installation, maintenance and support of the main business software systems –data, documents, payrolls etc. management, accountancy software, Internet Web site and so on.
- Informational security - establishing of informational security policy, installing, setting and maintenance of anti-malware and anti-intrusion systems (firewalls, anti-viruses, etc.).
IT department in company structure
In the modern world the IT technologies become the indispensable and critically important factor and instrument of business activity. The IT department plays strategic part within any company structure, because it ensures proper functionality and competitive advantages of the business.
Successful operating of all departments depends on the work of IT department.
IT department software
Information technology department should perform a lot of different tasks daily and management of these tasks can be facilitated by proper software. The appropriate groupware which allows each IT team member to schedule and report his/her tasks within one database is an efficient solution that provides IT department's managers with possibility to track and analyze work performance.
CentriQS is a team task management program which supports SQL database and can work via LAN or Internet - multiple users can simultaneously access one database and plan, see and edit their tasks. CentriQS can be very useful within IT departments because it provides IT team members with real-time task management and team collaboration (documents sharing, progress sharing).