Out of sight, out of mind
The task that you are assigned to do may become non-relevant at some moment and should be put off till the time when it is important again. It's a normal situation but the problem is that we can easily forget to come back to this task and it will never be accomplished. Postponed once, the problem is put aside and disappears from our mind till we come across it by chance. But when it happens, we probably don't need it any more. What can be done to avoid such situation?
"Tracking postponed tasks" To Do List
- If you put off a certain task in your To Do List till some time, don't forget to come back to it
- Get into a habit to track the tasks that were postponed for some time
- Use software to create a recurrent task to track the tasks that you put off
- Start your task management software
- Create a new task 'Track put off tasks'
- Set it to repeat every week or every month
- Continue doing your tasks