The Public relations department overview
In some organizations Public Relations Department plays the primary role and takes the first point of contact for the mass media and general enquiries. The department is principally focused on increasing the number of stories about the organization in the mass media, issuing press releases and developing means by which news about the organization activity can be announced to the public domain in positive context. The department organizes presentations, prepares exhibition material, creates reviews and builds annual reports. The Public Relations Department is also responsible for establishment and maintenance of communication between customers, scientific institutes, Government, business structures, commercial banks, and other organizations.
The Public Relations Department goals/tasks
The general objective of the department is to provide an organization with excellent and growing image by building good relations with customers, media and various institutions on the basis of giving timely and relevant information about events and trends related to the organization. The Public Relations Department develops various scenarios and strategies of how to increase the company image, customer loyalty and good public recognition. Basically, the department performs the following tasks:
- Posting news, articles and feature stories in local papers, weeklies, TV news programs
- Gathering opinions about events and trends related to the organization
- Posting articles and stories on corporate website and local websites
- Creating community and strengthening relationships with customers
- Communicating and cooperating with local mass media
- Creating and maintaining good company image
The Public Relations Department in company structure
Within a company structure Public Relations Department plays a role of a communicator between other departments. This department manages communication and information flows uniting internal environment of the company with external world. The Public Relations Department issues releases about the la test updates and elaborations of R&D Department and Production Department. The department holds public relations campaigns aimed to find out public opinion about the company and to increase the company image. The Public Relations Department has close cooperation with Marketing and Advertising teams helping them conduct researches and build relationships with target audiences. Online communications, business presentations, meetings, conferences, partnership and negotiating are managed partly or entirely by The Public Relations Department.
The Public Relations Department software
The workflow and tasks of The Public Relations Department should be well-organized by software that allows effective communications by managing tasks and actions of the employees within the department. Such software should provide and maintain team collaboration between the employees and allow the department management to assign tasks, set due dates and build prioritized task lists. VIP Task Manager can be used as PR management software to organize the workflow of The Public Relations Department. The software gives the following options:
- Building samples and templates for press releases or every event - easily edit with Word.
- Exporting task lists to Excel sheets
- Scheduling and prioritizing task lists with capability to add custom fields
- Sharable and printable schedules
- Building step by step action plan for development of trade shows, conferences, interviews, and more
- Arranging the workflow of copyright ers for writing articles, stories, reviews, etc.
- Tracking and monitoring current tasks of the employees
- Attaching PDF, Word, images or any other file to the tasks
- Attaching local or internet links to the tasks
VIP Task Manager is software product which allows to establish the workflow of PR Department through assigning task lists per employee, setting due dates, prioritizing tasks, assigning supervisors, and more. The software lets create the department database and add new employees as resources in it.