Staff members of media company can occupy various posts and do many jobs depending on those strategic directions and business priorities which media company considers following up. Managers and employees will do their best to meet established goals and to produce media products by performing tasks according to business schedules.
Departments of media organization
Media organization may have several departments, including the following:
- Publishing Department. This department includes journalists, photographers, editors and senior editors, press operators, and more.
- Department of Radio/TV. It includes such employees as producers, reporters, camera operators, sound engineers, technicians, scriptwriters, and more.
- Communications Department. It includes the following employees: PR specialists, marketing researchers, advertising specialists, and more.
To organize employees of your media company and provide their managers with administrative tools as well as to create a complete organizational structure, VIP Task Manager offers staff organization solutions. These solutions will let transform your staff members into productive teams that collaboratively and consistently perform tasks and stick to schedules of media projects and workflows.
Resource List tool to create employee list
VIP Task Manager has Resource List view which is a staff management tool to add and register users (employees and managers) in common database of your media organization. Your employees will have personal profiles registered in common database. Any profile has a set of necessary fields to describe work details. These fields are Name, Job Title, E-mail, Department, Address, Phone, and Password (this field protects individual access to common database). For example, the screenshot below shows that Mr. Daniel Brown, a journalist, has his personal profile that is specified by the following details:
- Name: Daniel Brown
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Job Title: Journalist
- Department: Publishing
- Address: 132, Manhattan Avenue, NY
- Phone: 542-932-101
- Password: ******
By creating and using personal profiles in Resource List tool, you can build a complete employee list which includes all staff members of your media company.
Roles and Permissions
When you specify personal profiles to create employee list of your media company, you can also set roles and adjust permissions. Roles and permissions will allow you to organize all staff members into workgroups, and each workgroup will have particular privileges and restrictions on information in your corporate database. Roles are very convenient to assign particular tasks and media projects to concerned work groups. For example, journalists of your media organization can be assigned to "Journalist" role. When you need to assign some media publishing project to journalists, you will go to Permissions Panel and set permissions for this role.
- Step 1: Criteria for choosing software solution for media organization
- >> Step 2: Organizing media company staff
- Step 3: Workflow management solution for media organization
- Step 4: Task customization in workflows of media organization
- Step 5: Planning tasks in workflows of media organization
- Step 6: Sharing tasks in workflows of media organization
- Step 7: Tasks and documents in workflows of media organization
- Step 8: Tracking tasks in workflows and projects of media organization
- Step 9: Reporting tasks in workflows of media organization
- Step 10: Managing KPIs in workflows of media organization