Documentation is an integral part of any workflow in media organization. Documents and white papers help keep workflow data in proper order and categorized. Multiple documents can pass through various phases and stages (e.g. creating, editing, submission, verification and approval, etc.) which create document lifecycles. Movement of documents from one stage to another one during document lifecycles can be transformed into a flow of official information which is referred to document flows. If to unify document flows with task management, your media organization will be able to run workflows and projects more efficiently.
Associating documents with tasks
Documenting tasks is the right way to make workflows of your media company more efficient.VIP Task Manager lets combine document flows with task management by associating documents with tasks. Management of your media company can control documents related to workflows of media production, publishing and broadcasting. Since any document is associated with tasks, employees can quickly get access to articles, orders, digital media content, published materials and other files and documents. Attachment Panel of VIP Task Manager will help journalists, reporters, scriptwriters and other employees to associate documents with tasks.
Writing notes and leaving comments
VIP Task Manager allows not only associating documents with tasks but also making notes and leaving comments. Any task has Notes Panel and Comments Panel. Notes Panel is designed to specify tasks by additional information. For example, when journalist needs to write a review of some exhibition, he can create task "Write review of exhibition" and go to Notes section of this task to add important information like names of participants, their contact info, names of exhibition organizers, etc. Notes will help journalist to keep his review more complete and informative.
After the exhibition review is completed, journalist can submit it to senior editor. If senior editor thinks that the review requires additional amendments and revision, he can comment task "Write review of exhibition" by using Comments Panel and set status "In Progress" for this task. Once comments are changed, VIP Task Manager will send notification to journalist.
VIP Task Manager allows printing tasks including notes and comments. Printed tasks can be used as reports to be submitted to senior management of your media company.
- Step 1: Criteria for choosing software solution for media organization
- Step 2: Organizing media company staff
- Step 3: Workflow management solution for media organization
- Step 4: Task customization in workflows of media organization
- Step 5: Planning tasks in workflows of media organization
- Step 6: Sharing tasks in workflows of media organization
- >> Step 7: Tasks and documents in workflows of media organization
- Step 8: Tracking tasks in workflows and projects of media organization
- Step 9: Reporting tasks in workflows of media organization
- Step 10: Managing KPIs in workflows of media organization